CMOS Sigma-Delta Converters: Sensible Design Information (Repost)
English | 2013 | ISBN: 1119979250 | 426 pages | PDF | 15,1 MB
A complete overview of Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs) and a sensible information to their design in nano-scale CMOS for optimum efficiency.
This guide presents a scientific and complete compilation of sigma-delta converter working rules, the brand new advances in architectures and circuits, design methodologies and sensible issues − going from system-level specs to silicon integration, packaging and measurements, with emphasis on nanometer CMOS implementation. The guide emphasizes sensible design points – from high-level behavioural modelling in MATLAB/SIMULINK, to circuit-level implementation in Cadence Design FrameWork II. In addition to being a complete reference to the idea, the e-book can also be distinctive in that it provides particular significance on sensible points, giving an in depth description of the totally different steps that represent the entire design move of sigma-delta ADCs.
The guide begins with an introductory survey of sigma-delta modulators, their fundamentals architectures and synthesis strategies coated in Chapter 1. In Chapter 2, the impact of most important circuit error mechanisms is analysed, offering the required understanding of the primary sensible points affecting the efficiency of sigma-delta modulators. The information derived from the primary two chapters is introduced within the e-book as an important a part of the systematic top-down/bottom-up synthesis methodology of sigma-delta modulators described in Chapter three, the place a time-domain behavioural simulator named SIMSIDES is described and utilized to the high-level design and verification of sigma-delta ADCs. Chapter four strikes farther down from system-level to the circuit and bodily degree, offering numerous design suggestions and sensible recipes to finish the design circulate of sigma-delta modulators. To conclude the e-book, Chapter 5 provides an summary of the state-of-the-art sigma-delta ADCs, that are exhaustively analysed with a view to extract sensible design tips and to determine the incoming tendencies, design challenges in addition to sensible options proposed by cutting-edge designs.
• Gives an entire survey of sigma-delta modulator architectures from fundamentals to state-of-the artwork topologies, contemplating each switched-capacitor and continuous-time circuit implementations
• Provides a scientific evaluation and sensible design information of sigma-delta modulators, from a top-down/bottom-up perspective, together with mathematical fashions and analytical procedures, behavioural modeling in MATLAB/SIMULINK, macromodeling, and circuit-level implementation in Cadence Design FrameWork II, chip prototyping, and experimental characterization.
• Systematic compilation of cutting-edge sigma-delta modulators
• Full description of SIMSIDES, a time-domain behavioural simulator carried out in MATLAB/SIMULINK
• Loads of examples, case research, and simulation check benches, overlaying the totally different levels of the design move of sigma-delta modulators
• Numerous digital assets, together with SIMSIDES, the statistical knowledge used within the state-of-the-art survey, in addition to many design examples and check benches are hosted on a companion web site
Important studying for Researchers and electronics engineering practitioners within the design of high-performance knowledge converters built-in in nanometer CMOS applied sciences; mixed-signal designers.