Connectify Hotspot PRO is an easy to use software router for your Windows computer that lets you transform your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot so you can share a single Internet connection – such as wired ethernet, a 3 or 4G card or adapter, even another Wi-Fi network – with your friends, co-workers, and mobile devices. With Connectify Hotspot PRO, you can turn your Windows computer into a real Wi-Fi hotspot that shares that single 3G/4G connection with any other Wi-Fi enabled devices. You’ll maximize the value of your 3G/4G card and get all your peripherals online at the same time!
On the Road, For the modern traveler, Internet connectivity is a lifeline. Airports, Hotels, and Coffee Shops know this and charge accordingly for Wi-Fi access or only supply you with an ethernet jack, which leaves Wi-Fi only devices and smart phones in the dark. With Connectify Hotspot PRO as your software-only travel router, you can connect to ANY available Internet connection (including 3G, 4G, and mobile broadband), start a hotspot, and get all of your devices online simultaneously, and at a fraction of the cost.
– Unlimited Hotspot Uptime – No time restrictions, run your Connectify Hotspot 24/7.
– Share Wi-Fi from 3G/4G Networks – Connectify Hotspot PRO supports sharing Internet from 3G/4G cards in addition to a wide variety of other USB cards and dongles. Turn your 3G or 4G USB stick into a real travel router.
– Fully Customizable SSID – Name your hotspot whatever you want! (Hotspot Lite requires your hotspot name to start with ‘Connectify-‘).
– Wi-Fi Extender Mode – Extend the range of your home or office Wi-Fi with just a few clicks.
– Drag & Drop File Transfers – Easily share files of any size, directly to both devices connected to your hotspot, and to other Connectify Hotspot users on the same network.
– AutoInternet Selection – Automatically configure your hotspot’s Internet sharing settings.
– Dispatch Integration – Share your Super-Fast Dispatch Connection with Connectify Hotspot PRO.
What’s New in Version 188.8.131.52686:
-Fix Android clients not being able to connect when Local Access is disabled.
-Option to ‘Disable Adapter Power Management’ (Under Settings/Advanced) on the Hotspot adapter. This may help users who have client devices all get kicked off or have the hotspot disappear if sharing Ethernet. You may need to reboot your computer after starting a hotspot for the first time for this setting to take full effect in Windows
-Give more time for adapters to come up when starting an Access Point to avoid some instances of ‘Hosted Network unavailable’ and similar failed starts.
-Fix a peer scanning deadlock on background threads
-Fix for some clients devices (mostly Android) avoiding a Hotspot or disconnecting from a Hotspot
-New, updated Dispatch tutorial
-Fix Dispatch tutorial ‘Do not show this again’ button
-Detect multiple connections to the same network, which can lead to various connectivity issues
-Sort adapter list in Application Settings by most recent connections
-Fixes around secure connection grouping when an interface is set to NEVER or becomes Overlimit
-Reset connections on other adapters when setting an Application to a specific adapter
-Fix uninstaller not getting created on some systems during a fresh install
-Automatically start service dependencies if they are disabled (WLAN AutoConfig, Windows Management Instrumentation) and warn during install if these services are not present
-Enable Wi-Fi devices that are software-disabled when starting a Hotspot, instead of informing the user that they should enable their Wi-Fi devices.
-Fix a Hotspot UI crash
-Work around some email systems not liking our secured log files
-New, updated Activation screens
-Protect against deadlocks causing Hotspot and Dispatch UIs to freeze up
-Stabilize license check on some systems
-Fix Installer hang on ‘Checking software conflicts’
-Fix Hotspot/Dispatch hang on launch
-Support for activation behind a proxy that requires authentication