Murtaza Haider, "Getting Began with Knowledge Science: Making Sense of Knowledge with Analytics (IBM Press)"
English | ISBN: 0133991024 | 2015 | EPUB+PDF (True) | 608 pages | 50 MB+13 MB
Grasp Knowledge Analytics Palms-On by Fixing Fascinating Issues You’ll Truly Take pleasure in!
Harvard Enterprise Evaluate just lately referred to as knowledge science “The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century.” It’s not simply attractive: For hundreds of thousands of managers, analysts, and college students who want to unravel actual enterprise issues, it’s indispensable. Sadly, there’s been nothing straightforward about studying knowledge science–till now.
Getting Began with Knowledge Science takes its inspiration from worldwide best-sellers like Freakonomics and Malcolm Gladwell’s Outliers: It teaches by way of a strong narrative full of unforgettable tales.
Murtaza Haider provides informative, jargon-free protection of primary principle and method, backed with loads of vivid examples and hands-on follow alternatives. Every little thing’s software program and platform agnostic, so you’ll be able to study knowledge science whether or not you’re employed with R, Stata, SPSS, or SAS. Better of all, Haider teaches an important skillset most knowledge science books ignore: how you can inform highly effective tales utilizing graphics and tables. Each chapter is constructed round actual analysis challenges, so that you’ll all the time know why you’re doing what you’re doing.
You’ll grasp knowledge science by answering fascinating questions, corresponding to:
• Are spiritual people kind of more likely to have extramarital affairs?
• Do engaging professors get higher educating evaluations?
• Does the upper worth of cigarettes deter smoking?
• What determines housing costs extra: lot measurement or the variety of bedrooms?
• How do youngsters and older individuals differ in the best way they use social media?
• Who’s extra probably to make use of on-line courting providers?
• Why do some buy iPhones and others Blackberry units?
• Does the presence of youngsters affect a household’s spending on alcohol?
For every drawback, you’ll stroll by way of defining your query and the solutions you’ll want; exploring how
others have approached comparable challenges; choosing your knowledge and strategies; producing your statistics;
organizing your report; and telling your story. All through, the main target is squarely on what issues most:
reworking knowledge into insights which are clear, correct, and might be acted upon.