Resource Tuner lets you view, extract, replace, edit, and delete the embedded resources of executable files: icons, strings, images, sounds, dialogs, menus – all that make up the visual part of your Windows programs. In fact, it allows you to add your own custom branding to an application, change dialog messages, customize toolbar actions, and so on without having access to the actual source code. Resource Tuner offers exciting possibilities even if you aren’t a programmer. It’s perfect for translators, tweakers, and anyone else who wants a different look and feel for an application.
With Resource Tuner You Can:
– Have a fast Resource Viewer to browse resources of all types
– Rebrand your applications by replacing icons and logos
– Customize GUI elements of your favorite Windows programs
– Translate third-party applications
– Scan the directories and drives on your computer for hidden resources
– Extract images, icons, sounds, animations
– Make legacy applications use the new look of Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
– Tell Windows to run your application with administrative privileges
– Open UPX-compressed files seamlessly in Resource Editor, without long workarounds
Customize Your Favorite Windows Programs
Longing to have a personal touch on your favorite application? No matter where it runs – whether on your PC or on your Pocket PC, on your Mobile Phone or on XBox, it is still a Windows program. What better way than with Resource Tuner, a resource editing solution you can use now. Quick and easy access to all the resources which are normally inaccessible really allows you completely customize any program you own.
Disappointed by older applications using the outdated "chiseled 3D" look, rather than the new Vista look? Resource Tuner’s Manifest Wizard provides a quick fix. Bring your pre-XP legacy programs back to the future, blessing it instantly with the new look. Resource Tuner makes it straightforward to translate any application, even if you do not have the source code for it, even if its original developers are long gone. Simply replace all text resources with their translated versions, and resize forms and buttons to fit the translated text as needed. No programming skills required!
More Options For Power Users
Resource Tuner is a PE Explorer spin-off product that is used solely to edit resources in Windows programs. PE Explorer is the choice for anyone looking for more. Includes a Resource Editor, Section Editor, Disassembler, Dependency Scanner and an Export/Import Viewer.