– Standalone application installer
– Language: English (en-US)
– Channel: Volume License
– Version: 16.0.4366.1000
– Architecture: x86/x64
– Proofing Tools: English, French, Spanish
– Updated May 9, 2016
Customized default setup (slightly modified using OCT – Office Customization Tool)
– Skip EULA
– Shortcuts – Office 2016 by default decides to put all of the shortcuts on the start menu WITHOUT a subdirectory – splattered all over the start menu. The included setup customization file places Office 2016 shortcuts into a subdirectory Microsoft Office 2016, and Office tools into a subdirectory Tools
– Default setup options- all programs and features will be installed by default, except for Office Telemetry * – you can obviously modify all setup options as you wish
* Office Telemetry (why you might not want to share your data)
Telemetry Dashboard displays the file names and titles of documents in each userâ™s Most Recently Used list, which might reveal personal or confidential information about the user or organization. The names of add-ins and other solutions that are used by Office are also displayed.
The telemetry agent collects inventory, usage, and other application data and uploads it to a shared folder, where it is processed by a service known as the telemetry processor and inserted into an SQL database. The Telemetry Dashboard connects to this database so that it can show the usage of Office files, add-ins, and solutions.
– KMSpico 10.2.0 + Microsoft Toolkit 2.6 BETA 5 (activators)
– UBitMenu Customizer (adds Office 2003 type toolbars and menus to Office 2016) – free for private use
– Previous versions uninstallers (Office 2016, 2013, 365, 2003, 2007, 2010)
– Disable/Restore ‘Sign In’ option in Office applications (reg file) – Read more
– Disable/Restore Office 2016 Telemetry (reg file) – Read more
– 64-bit version runs on 64-bit systems only
– OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7 SP1 + Windows 10 Server, Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2
– .NET version: .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR to also be installed
Compatibility with previous versions
Microsoft has removed the ability to run parallel versions of Office with the 2016 release.
Part of the installer will search and remove any previous version and not permit the operation of older components. e.g. an older version of Outlook 2013/2010 with Publisher 2016.
In other words, don’t mix Office versions.
You can use Microsoft FixIt Tools to manually uninstall / remove / delete previous Office versions (included in Bonus folder).
This should remove all traces of Office from the system.
Updating Microsfot Office 2016 Volume Edition
Unlike the Click2Run editions, the Volume Edition does not offer updating the application through the Account page (File –> Accounts –> Updates).
To get updates for the Office 2016 VL version, you must enable "Get updates for other products from Microsoft update" in Windows Update.