"Mind Games: Emotionally Manipulative Tactics Partners Use to Control Relationships and Force the Upper Hand" by Pamela Kole
2015 | EPUB | 84 pages | ISBN: 1506172105 | English | 0.1 MB
Are you unhappy in your relationship, but canâ€™t bear to pull yourself away from it? Do you feel inadequate and sometimes deserving of the treatment you get?
Recognize that your partner is your manipulator and abuser – donâ€™t allow them to force the upper hand.
Mind Games uncovers a host of underhanded, sneaky, and malicious emotional manipulation tactics that manipulators and abusers use to beat you down and control you. We might all be able to recognize blatant abuse, but when weâ€™re emotionally invested, itâ€™s tough to see the little signs that are in front of our faces sometimes. Theyâ€™ll lead to you feeling worthless and vulnerable, making it almost impossible to truly leave your situation.
In this book, I identify many common tactics that you may be intimately and sadly familiar with, complete with real life examples for each to help you identify them in your daily life.
What emotionally manipulative tactics will you learn to identify and stop?
* Gaslighting and telling you that your concern is an overreaction, or quite simply wrong.
* How the silent treatment is used as punishment and forces compliance.
* Playing the victim and how it transforms your issues into guilt and pity.
* Your abuser’s time machine and how they use it to their advantage.
* An analysis of the psychology behind why your partner acts they way they do… and why you stay.
* Guidelines for how to deal with a partner that is your manipulator and abuser.
* Why your abuser loves controlling you, not necessarily you.
Emotional manipulation tactics are still abuse, even if there are no physical signs. Gain the knowledge and subsequent courage you need to leave your situation and find true happiness, not someone else’s definition of it. Learn to detect when your abuser is not acting in your best interest, and exactly how they make you believe that they are.