Title: Variable Velocity Turbines
Writer: Ion Boldea
Hardcover: 600 pages
Writer: CRC Press; 2 version (October 6, 2015)
Variable Velocity Turbines, the second of two volumes within the Electrical Turbines Handbook, offers in depth protection of variable velocity turbines in distributed era and renewable power purposes around the globe. The ebook delves into the regular state, transients, management, and design of claw-pole-rotor synchronous, induction, permanent-magnet-(PM)-assisted synchronous, and switched reluctance starter alternators for electrical hybrid automobiles. It discusses PM synchronous, transverse flux PM, and flux reversal PM turbines for low-speed wind and hydro power conversion. It additionally explores linear movement alternators for residential and spacecraft purposes. Quite a few design and management examples illustrate the exposition.
Absolutely revised and up to date to mirror the final decade’s value of progress within the subject, this Second Version provides new sections that:
– Handle the ride-through management of doubly fed induction turbines underneath unbalanced voltage sags
– Contemplate the management of stand-alone doubly fed induction turbines underneath unbalanced nonlinear masses
– Element a stand-alone squirrel cage induction generator (SCIG) with AC output and a low-rating pulse-width modulated (PWM) converter
– Current a twin stator winding SCIG with 50 % score inverter and diode rectifier, and a twin stator winding induction generator with nested cage rotor
– Look at inside everlasting magnet claw-pole-alternator methods for extra car braking power recuperation, and excessive energy issue Vernier PM turbines
– Depict a PM-assisted reluctance synchronous motor/generator for an electrical hybrid car, and a double stator switched reluctance generator with segmented rotor
– Describe the grid to stand-alone transition motion-sensorless dual-inverter management of everlasting magnet synchronous turbines with asymmetrical grid voltage sags and harmonics filtering
The promise of renewable, sustainable power rests on our potential to design progressive energy techniques which might be capable of harness power from quite a lot of sources. Variable Velocity Turbines, Second Version provides state-of-the-art instruments essential to design, validate, and deploy the appropriate energy era applied sciences to satisfy tomorrow’s complicated power wants.